18.7.15

Japan 2015 - Hegura-jima.



Hegura-jima, the island in the Sea of Japan, was my final destination for this trip. The island where I wanted to meet and photograph the Ama-divers.

Getting there was already an amazing experience. I met really interesting people, I travel in very fast trains, I ate delicious foods and I experienced an interesting and creative culture. Old and new.

The island was something different again. So small and so flat, it would have taken me 30 minutes to go around if I didn't stop to photograph the divers, one of the shrines or just a rock formation.

The remote island was also beautiful, and interesting was the small community living on it. I wish I can go back one day.

And the women-divers? Another post will be coming soon!!!

Here are some images of the island:

















No comments:

Post a Comment